Use Your Smartphone For Good.
Use your smartphone for good, not evil! The Advising and Academic Support Center offers a mobile study tools workshop where students learn about apps to manage time, tasks, note cards, documents, and so much more.
ACCESS AASC’S MOBILE STUDY TOOLS WORKSHOP:
- Attend in-person
- Read a brief summary below
Mobile Study Tools Workshop Summary
Tools For Organization/Storage
- Google Drive – FREE up to 15GB
- Synced with Bronco Mail
- Use Google Doc, Google Sheets, etc.
- Easily share work with classmates
- Dropbox – FREE up to 16GB
- Easy to access, share, and upload documents and media
- Wunderlist – FREE (Pro version available for purchase)
- Web and app to generate lists and set reminders
- Shareable with others
- Evernote – FREE and cost levels
- Virtual notebook – file sharing and organizing system
- Sync with other devices
- Take notes, make lists, annotate, highlight, etc.
Tools For Studying
- iStudiez Lite – FREE (Pro version available for purchase)
- Track schedule, homework, and grades
- Quizlet – FREE
- Create mock tests, matching games, written questions, etc.
- Vocabulary.com – FREE online (app costs $2.99)
- Create vocabulary lists and practice tests
Tools For Productivity
- Forest – App costs $1.99
- Helps you put down your phone and focus
- Grow a tree/forest as the app runs without interruption
- Trees die if you close the app and use your phone
- StayFocusd – FREE Chrome Extension
- Set time limits for distracting sites to help you restructure social media use
- Cold Turkey – FREE and cost levels
- All major browsers supported
- Block specific pages
- Schedule blocking and breaks
- Momentum – FREE and cost levels
- New Tab page gives you a moment of calm and inspires you to be more productive
- Set a daily focus, track your to dos, and get inspired with a daily photo and quote