Maximize Success with Peers
Learning Assistants (LAs) are peers who provide academic support for students in traditionally difficult courses and help students experience a higher rate of success and overall better grades.
- Attend class with you
- Offer guided study sessions
- Connect students with faculty members
- Are familiar with course content and material
A typical LA session includes:
- Group discussion and problem solving
- Concept review and test prep
- Academic skill-building
- an hour and fifteen minutes in length
Learning Assistants can positively impact your grade.
Students that participate in 3 or more LA sessions each semester get higher grades (+0.6 grade points on average) and pass at higher rates (~14% more) than students who don’t go regularly.
Contact the Advising and Academic Support Center
Call: (208) 426-4049
Location: SMASH building, first floor