The mission of the Advising and Academic Support Center (AASC) is to promote students’ academic excellence with special emphases on:
- general academic advising for first-year success
- major exploration services for students who do not have a major or are considering a major change
- intensive advising for students on academic probation or returning after dismissal
- ACAD and Bronco Ready student-success courses
- Learning Assistants in critical courses
- academic success services (skill-building workshops, individual coaching)
- tutoring resources
AASC general advising and academic support services are available to all students regardless of major status. AASC strives to achieve the following for all Boise State students:
- Empowerment: We work to ensure that all students are empowered to make the best decisions possible while pursuing their academic goals.
- Approachability: We are passionate about student success and do our utmost to help all students feel welcome and valued.
- Knowledge: We strive to increase our students’ knowledge about opportunities at Boise State and then use that knowledge to make progress in their academic programs.